[Character sheet] Happy Teddy

Character history and background.
Happy Teddy

[Character sheet] Happy Teddy

Post by Happy Teddy »

Hello :)

I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to do this, and I decided on writing this in two parts. The first part is about his childhood, and the experiences that would set him on his way to becoming the man that he is today. I hope this is an acceptable format, and I hope it's not too long.
I don't expect you to read it, but atleast it will be here officially.

Name: Teddy
Nicknames: Happy Teddy, Teddy the Gentle
Race: Human
Place of birth: Carlin

“Teddy the Gentle” Part 1.

Teddy grew up on a small, remote farm in Carlin. It was just him and his mom, and a bunch of old books. Books that spoke about druidic orders of old, and some of their accomplishments. He was particularly fond of Yenny the Gentle, because her name made her sound like a nice person.

From an incredibly young age Teddy would have a lot of responsibility on the farm because his mother was ill from a mysterious disease. One of his regular tasks was going to the woods nearby for herbs. His mother would have him brew a tea from these herbs, and he knew they were important because the tea would always make his mother feel better.

Every morning he would wake up an hour before his mother, check to see that she was still breathing, and then head to the woods for herbs.
The woodland creatures quickly got used to little Teddy’s presence. He was practically there every day. His mother seemed to require her special tea more and more often, and even though little Teddy was just five years old he knew something was not right.

One early morning in spring, Teddy was on his way to the woods as usual, but something did not feel right. The air was heavy, and he had an overwhelming feeling of sadness that he could not escape from. The woods seemed different too, darker and gloomier than usual.
When he came to the place where he would usually pick his herbs, he discovered they were all gone. He fell to his knees crying, and he would lie face down in the grass for a while, seeking comfort in the familiar sounds of the forest. Suddenly everything became quiet, no wind in the grass, no rustling of leaves in the treetops. All he could hear was his own breath.
When he opened his eyes and looked up, the sunlight was so bright that he could not make out anything at first. But as his eyes gradually adjusted to the light, he could see spectacular sun rays through the woods, between the trees, made visible by the fog that was still covering most of the forest. He stood there in awe and in complete silence.

<<CRACK>>

A loud crack of a branch snapped him out of it. His eyes had now adjusted to the bright light, and he realized he was surrounded by animals. At his feet were rabbits snuggling and a happy looking squirrel offering him an acorn. As he looked around, he could see several white deer’s, foxes, badgers, owls and wolves. At first, he was frightened, but he could see they were all calm, so he quickly became calm as well.

When Teddy emerged from the woods on his way back home, he had troubles remembering everything that had happened. It seemed like a dream, and it was already late afternoon. He rushed home to check on his mother, but there were no signs of her. He ran upstairs to her bedroom to find her still in bed. He stared at her chest to see if it was moving… It was not. He was paralyzed by fear. He wanted to scream, but all he could muster was a faint whisper, “mom?”.

Teddy ran out of the house and back into the woods. He swore to himself that he would never be helpless again. He had to become powerful, like Yenny the Gentle. “Teddy the Gentle” he thought to himself and imagined having healing powers, so that he would never have to lose anyone he cared about again.

Happy Teddy

Re: [Character sheet] Happy Teddy

Post by Happy Teddy »

<Reserved for part 2>

Regin
Initiate Member
Initiate Member

Post by Regin »

Great work Teddy! Looking forward to reading part 2 🤩
Regin,
Mayor of Rosebud

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ceterum censeo Venorem esse delendam.

Melody Noir

Post by Melody Noir »

No 9ne should know these fears. <wipes away a tear>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Never choose a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

To be alive we must be willing to dream,
to dream, we must be willing to dare,
to dare, we must be willing to die.

-v-v- Warrior -^-^-^

Asteiro

Post by Asteiro »

Heartbreaking story Teddy, can't wait to see what will be in part 2!

Mihiron

Post by Mihiron »

My heart is broke Teddy the gentle. 😭
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage