Avenlia Silverhade's application [Accepted]

If you would like to apply to Red Rose, here you will find all the information and guidance.
Avenlia Silvershade
Propraetor
Propraetor

Avenlia Silverhade's application [Accepted]

Post by Avenlia Silvershade »

Hello, hello! For those of you I yet have to meet; my name is Avenlia Silvershade. I am a paladin from the wilderness in the thaian outfields.
I have been roaming the cities- and isles of Tibia the last years under different names and shapes, but it was not before a little over four years ago I fell in love with the lands of Antica.
Now I have found it right for me to finally write my application for the Red Rose.

Character Information
After a short time on Antica I was introduced to the guild Society of the Black Rose. This is the guild that caused me to quickly change my tibian lifestyle, and I felt I was growing up during my time in the Black Rose. There I got to know some of the greatest people I have met this far on Antica, including Meriado, Sir Balder, Lady Silverheart, Nirdor (which I already knew from earlier, as he is my real-life neighbour (but the barbarian is always worth the mention)), Fanatic Dutcher, Old Hester, Red Un, Lapin Minou, Morteus Hawkeye – and so many more. Although it’s not before after the Society of the Black Rose disbanded I feel like I really got to know Meriado, Silverheart and of course Adrian Bravehand.

After the tragic disbandment of the Black Rose, I consulted Nirdor with what we were supposed to do now, in our tibian life. Nirdor told me he had heard much good about the Red Rose, and also our common friend Sir Balder had joined your guild a little earlier. Since that time I have always considered joining the Red Rose – but it didn’t go that way quite yet.

I decided to join the guild the Sainted Seraphs, which was founded by Lady Silverheart and Fanatic Dutcher. I had a good time in the Sainted Seraphs; I got to know some great people – yet I didn’t feel like it was the right thing for me, so I left the Sainted Seraphs.

The decision of leaving the Sainted Seraphs was triggered by an idea I had about recreating the Society of the Black Rose (due to the new guild name restriction it had to be called Black Rose Society). It was a year after the disbandment of the guild, and the attempt to reconstruct it failed horribly. Yet again I got to befriend some new players, and one of them was Anr. The guild did essentially consist of Anr, second chars of other friends, and myself. This was far from enough to re-establish a safe fundament for a role-playing guild, and when Anr left because she wanted to join the Red Rose, I had to see myself beaten - the Black Rose would never rise again.

My tibian life continued with the creation of the Harpers, as well as the creation of the Order of Enlightenment – two quite distinct guilds, but I enjoyed both of them. I quickly realized there wouldn’t be future with the Order of Enlightenment, however, so I have been sticking around with the enjoyable guild Harpers since then. We role-play a lot and have much fun, I’m sure many of you know it already.

I have many friends in Tibia, and many of them have already been mentioned. However, I have little foes – none that I know of anyway. There are of course players I don’t like very much, but that’s easily solved by staying away, and should I need to be with them, I am usually coping very well!

Why I would like to join the Red Rose, and what I know about you.
As I said earlier, I have wanted to join the Red Rose for a long time. I can’t really put my finger on why I haven’t done it earlier, but I think the main cause is that I was afraid that I would go in active. I have experienced periods of time, from 1-3 months where I rarely log in at Tibia at all. I guess its some sort of reaction to too much playing. However, it seems to be as stabile as it gets right now, and I am very focused on this as well as other tibian matters.

I have a confession though. I have been a bit reckless with the Gods’ messengers, or dogs as I also used to call them.
But everyone can change, right? <Innocent eye blinking>

There are many reasons to why I would join the Red Rose.
The main reason must be my friends though - I hear so many of my friends speaking of this and that awesome person in the Red Rose, please tell me how I can refrain from applying when I want to know all of you. I’ve had a hard time waiting this long.

Furthermore it’s a guild with what I consider the remains of the good old tibian spirit. It’s not about wealth, power, skills or anything like that. It’s about having a guild that really is a guild, with values such as common interests, loyalty, discussions, votations, sharing a hall, creating events and much more. You are doing a very good job for the Antican community.

Those two points are the most important, however there is a certain prestige to be a member of such widely known guild, with it’s history and all. I feel that you, who already are members of the Red Rose, represent a greater deal of the tibian history than any other guild members do. It is truly a big name.

Story
When Avenlia was very young she used to admire her father greatly for his skills as a hunter. She would very much like to be a huntress one day as well. She had repeatedly asked her father if she could go out and hunt together with him, but the answer she got was always a no. Occasionally she tried to sneak out with him - sometimes it would go unnoticed, however most of the times she got caught and had to do the laundry together with her mother. Wayward as she was, she wasn’t always the most pleasant little girl to deal with, but her parents took great care of her, and they loved her very much.

She was only around 6 winters old then, and she and her parents lived in the woods on the outfields of Thais. Her family wasn’t very wealthy, so they lived on what they could find and gather. They didn’t have any livestock, except for a tired old cow. They depended on the meat from deer to eat, and the deer fur to change it for other trivial wares, as bread and soap.

One day Avenlia’s father turned ill. He coughed badly and had a high fever, leaving him unable to hunt. As time passed they had used up all their savings on bread and meat from the city. It didn’t look like her father would get any better either, and one of the following nights she heard her parents discuss her mother’s opportunities to get work inside the city. That would mean she had to be in the city all the time. Her parents agreed that if nothing got better within the next three days, her mother would enter Thais and see if she could find work.

Avenlia lay awake all that night, thinking about her father and her mother. She didn’t want to starve, but she didn’t want her mother to have to work all day in the dirty, big city either. She realized if they were going to get food anytime soon, she had to take it in her own hands. Hunting? She whispered to herself. How hard could it be? She had watched her father practise many times, and she had even been allowed to shoot with the small bow. Right before the dawn of the new day, she put on her clothes and shoes and grabbed the small bow from where it was hanging on the withered, wooden wall.

For hours she wandered out in the woods as silent as she could, trying to find a deer track. Even some rabbit would do, she thought as she stepped into a clearing in the forest. As if her wishes had been heard, she saw a fat deer standing on the other side of the clearing. Carefully, she stringed her bow, put an arrow to the string and drew the string towards herself as she aimed. The containing force of the bow was only displayed by Avenlia’s struggle to hold the bow and string in its place. She focused for another moment, and then she let go of the arrow.
Tadooo
The sound was vibrating through the air, causing the deer to flee and deafening the sound of the arrow hitting the tree right behind the deers recent baiting position.
Tadooo.
The grim noise sounded again, seeming closer this time. Although Avenlia never had heard other than her father’s, she knew it had to be some kind of horn. The sound made her feel uneasy, and she didn’t want to go hunting alone anymore. She started to run silently the way she came, hoping to reach her home within the hour.
Avenlia didn’t start to recognize the landscape around her before evenfall. She had been terribly scared when she realized she didn’t know where she was, and she was so afraid of never getting to see her parents again. Now she was very relieved to see some of the trees she used to climb in during daytime. Avenlia passed the trees, and within a few minutes she could see the contours of their little house. She didn’t see any lights in the windows. She wondered if they had gone to sleep already. Oh, they must have been so worried, Avenlia thought as she stepped up close to the door. There was something wrong though; the door was hanging on its hinges, leaving it open to everyone. She started to shiver. She whispered into the void where the door used to be:
“Mom?” her voice sounded fragile in the darkness.
“Da..” her voice cracked under the combination of her fright and dry throat.
She stepped inside the house and walked towards the living room. The sight that met her made her blood freeze. The image of her parents sitting pressed alongside the wall together, clinching each other with gaping wounds in their throats and tormented expressions on their faces, would haunt her for many, many years.
    ImageImageImage Image
    Mild
    Propraetor
    Propraetor

Re: Avenlia Silverhade's application

Post by Mild »

Hello Avenlia Silvershade.

Application noticed.

I must add that not everyone in Red Rose worth to know, you will notice that when we talk for the first time, which i'm looking foward to.

For now,
    Stay safe.
    watch?v=4oLSYSJO5Ik
    Meriado
    Retired Member
    Retired Member

Post by Meriado »

Hello, old friend! I'm glad to see you finally applying to this great guild!

What a scary story... I never knew Avenlia had such a traumatic experience.

Good luck, mate! :mrgreen:
    Adrian Bravehand

Post by Adrian Bravehand »

Best of luck to you my friend! :) big ups for the application, finally you posted it!
    <crosses fingers>

This guy.. true material! :D
    We are bigger than Banor.
    - J. Lemon
    Nirdor
    Retired Member
    Retired Member

Post by Nirdor »

Alrighty. As Adrian said. You finally did post you're application here :D

Why couldn't you post you whole story mate? I loved it.

My best wishes to you.

Cheers N Bacon.

A crazy axe fighter and a mead lover.
    Nirdor from Farajdvheim, Eanor.
    Range vegen blir ikkje rett, enda om mange følgjer den.
    Munch

Post by Munch »

I wish you good luck Silvershade. I have met you once on a Harper gathering south of Thais but I am looking forward to meet you again :-)
    Avenlia Silvershade
    Propraetor
    Propraetor

Post by Avenlia Silvershade »

@Mild - Oh we'll see Mild, hehe. I'm looking forward to that as well!

@Meriado - Haha, yeah, it was about time now. I have my fingers crossed!

@Adrian
    - Thanks a lot mate :)

@Nirdor - Well, I didn't want to bother an application thread with the whole story. There will be another time and place for the full version. Thanks :)

@Salta Apor
    - I remember that. That was a jolly and chaotic Harper meeting! Like most of them are :) Looking forward to meet you as well!
      ImageImageImage Image
      Gimli Wulfstan
      Retired Member
      Retired Member

Post by Gimli Wulfstan »

Good application,

I wish you best of luck!
      Chikilina
      Propraetor
      Propraetor

Post by Chikilina »

Greeting Avenlia!

I'm surprised to see such a great fellow applying. Your application is indeed excellent, not too short, not too long and interesting. We have met few times before and I hope we will more in the future (sadly i'm not able to play a lot these days). I wish you lot of luck.

Stay safe!
      Chikilina
      Propraetor of the Red Rose
      Kolbit

Post by Kolbit »

Well, how did you get to main before 8 i'd have to ask ? ;)

Great application, can't wait to get a chat with you in-game.. may banor light your path!
      Kolbit

“Not necessarily stoned..but beautiful.”
      -Jimi Hendrix