Boci's Application[Accepted]

If you would like to apply to Red Rose, here you will find all the information and guidance.
Loare

Boci's Application[Accepted]

Post by Loare »

Dear Red Rose members:

A bit about me:

I am 25 years old, from Canada, currently studying in the United States. I've always been fascinated with computers and technology, and how policies can help bring about innovation. It is also my dream to help those who are disadvantaged in developing countries. In my spare time, I enjoy snowboarding, tennis, and classical music. I also play many multiplayer, real-time RPGs, particularly Diablo, Minecraft, Arcanum, Elder Scrolls, and, of course, Tibia. I started playing Tibia back in about 2005, and after a long break, I'm rediscovering the game again. I have a particular soft spot for RPGs that use simple tools to capture players' imaginations and provide an engrossing gameplay experience. For me, Tibia is certainly one of these games.

My character in-game is Boci. He is a young explorer, raised in a traditional wheat-farming family in a village not unlike Fibula. His family crest is three bushels of wheat, representing the virtues of "Family, Duty, and Hard Work." One of the central conflicts in his character is the tension between acting according to duty and tradition, or to his curiosity and desire for freedom. Since an early age, his village is often raided by orcs. This did not pose a significant threat until the warlord Ruzad laid waste to his village during one of his campaigns. Boci saw his father fall to the warlord's blade and has since lost the rest of his family, not knowing whether they are alive or dead. This was a pivotal moment in Boci's past where he realized that it wasn't enough to live simply for the annual harvest. He decided that he must seek out and learn about the dangers and mysteries in Tibia so that such tragedies never happen again. Thus, Boci wanders the world of Tibia to slay monsters and to search for clues of his missing family.

My interest in the Red Rose:

I have researched this guild extensively, and have a lot to say about its merits and how my play style would fit very well with the guild. The guild is extremely well-organized with a beautifully written and logically sound codex. There is a structured process for screening applicants, advancing within the guild, and making guild decisions. I share the guild's aspirations of promoting the lawfully good alignment. Being among the oldest guilds in Tibia, it says a lot about the guild's integrity that it has survived to this day. Of all the qualities that draw me to the Red Rose, there are two in particular that I would like to highlight:

1. There is a wealth of creative energy in this guild. Having seen videos and pictures of the events that Red Rose has previously organized, I am impressed by how guild members have taken game elements and remade them into something more, such as the decorations for Red Rose's halloween party in 2008. Browsing the website and forums, I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the articles and roleplaying stories that guild members have written. I enjoy visual and literary arts and hope to have the opportunity to contribute my own pieces.

2. Red Rose is a rare guild in Tibia and in gaming in general, where its members not only seek to find enjoyment from the game, but also to actively contribute to and enhance the gaming community they are in. Since the early days of Tibia, Red Rose has had a large influence on server events and in the player community through their events and the upright Tibian citizenship that the guild cultivates in its members. I want to be a part of this legacy of helping to make Tibia better.

Story:

The night of the orc invasion:

As midnight fell
Upon the shire,
They came with axes,
Swords and fire.

A chilling scream
Broke the silence,
Then all was chaos,
Blood and violence.

I saw my father
Rise from bed,
Our family sword was
all he had.

Without a word
He ran to the mists,
Charging behind his
iron fists.

One by one
The orcs fell down,
To the silver sword
With the sapphire crown.

Even so,
The orcs pressed on,
Lead by Ruzad
and his five hundred strong.

Although father was
Tall and wise,
Ruzad was still
Twice his size.

The orc’s blade sank
Into father's heart,
Then brutally tore
His chest apart.

With all my strength
I ran to his side,
But only saw light
Fade from his eyes.

I took his sword
And through darkness I ran,
Vowing that I
Will meet my enemy again.

Final comments:

I've recently started a blog (boci-tibia.com) for my character. Currently, it's a series of brief updates on my adventures, but I hope to use it to further develop Boci's story. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my application. It is my sincere wish to become an active contributor within your esteemed community. I look forward to meeting you in-game.

Yours,
Boci

P.S. please feel free to reach out to me if there are any additional questions or to my friends in the game:
Acriati
Joey Syko
Saucerorr
Fallen Dracul Yore
Jatoken
Ancient Ukke
Goteborgstad
Last edited by Loare on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smashing Pumpkin
Praetor
Praetor

Re: Boci's Application

Post by Smashing Pumpkin »

Application Noticed Boci,

Very nice poem/story. I enjoyed reading it. Feel free to contact me ingame anytime.

Yours,
Smashing Pumpkin
Black Falcon
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Black Falcon »

Greetings!

Very nice application, Boci! I enjoyed reading all of it.
It does seem like the spirit of the Red Rose guild is what you've sought for, and perhaps you can gain experience and knowledge enough to find the answers about your family! Many are those who lost their families in similar campaigns, only to find peace of heart and soul within our ranks.

Feel free to catch me online for a chat! These days I'm normally found on the paladin His Duudeness.

Good luck!

BF
Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible.
Sir Mats
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Sir Mats »

Be Greeted Boci!

I too liked your application very much.
I'll try to reach you online for a chat in the near future.

Stay safe,
/SM
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Even in love, sadness is a part of my core
Loare

Post by Loare »

I really enjoyed our conversations today, Sir Mat; we had a lot of fun! It was very nice to meet you and your friends. Congrats again on reaching 200, I'm happy to have been there to witness the celebration. I hope you don't mind that I posted our photo on my blog. Hope to see you again soon. Looking forward to meeting more Red Rose members. :)
Yours,
Loare & Boci
http://boci-tibia.com
"Out of Old Fields Comes New Corn."
Sir Mats
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Sir Mats »

Pleasure was all mine Boci, thanks for joining!
No trouble at all, it's a nice blog you've got there - keep it up!

Yours,
/SM

Sir Mats
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Sir Mats »

Greetings Boci,

You're here by invited to the Red Rose guildhall at the 16th of November, 20.00 CET.

Yours,
/SM

Loare

Post by Loare »

Thank you for the invitation, Sir Mats. It's a great honor. I look forward to meeting the guild.
Yours,
Loare & Boci
http://boci-tibia.com
"Out of Old Fields Comes New Corn."