Memories

If you would like to share a roleplaying story, a poem or a piece of your writing, this is the place for you.
Bürgy
Propraetor
Propraetor

Memories

Post by Bürgy »

ooc: I will recapture here some important moments of my Tibian life.
This is only the first first part of a probably long series. I will add new parts as soon as I find the time, motivation and joy to write a new part. Therefore this thread will be updated on unregular intervals.

I The Beginning

My former guild, the Announcers of Light, just once broke to pieces. I had learned some important lessons there; brought in hard work got educated by some bright persons. Had fun, made friends, had much joy. In the end I made it into the council and did my best for the sake of my beloved home. But the odds turned against us and so this episode of my life came to an grief arousing end. <takes a big gulp out of his beer>

The sky turned black and a thunderstorm approached. I’ve been standing up high at the Thaian light tower. My minds were dark that day. The biggest part of my life has been ripped out of my heart. Imaginations of doom rushed through my head. Strong blows of wind started to lash resulting in a constant storm. I slowly went forward to the guard-rail; step by step I got closer to edge. My feet felt like dead and they felt to get heavier by every step I took.

I gazed into the abyss; watching the explosive and raw sea. I was sure that this was the end; I already had set one foot over the railing as suddenly a thunder sounded. Contemporaneously it started to rain. The first drip that touched my face should have changed my life. That cold water running down my cheek made me feel alive again. I couldn’t await the next drip to hit me. The rain turned stronger, resulting that it had been raining cats and dogs; all the time I’ve been standing on the top of the light tower; regaining strength and hope and bringing back good memories of the great time I spent on the lovely island of Fibula.

The storm ended after about three hours and my cloths had been completely soaked; but I didn’t care. For the first time after a dark period I had a smile once again on my face. I happily made myself on the way to the all famous Frodo’s; on the way I jumped and cheered and rejoiced the sight of the slowly returning sun.

I really had a great night that day in Frodo’s inn and took the decision to continue my further life on the lovely island Fibula, on which I had already spent great party of my youth.
Propraetor, retired Ambassador and Magister Noviciorum Emeritus of the Red Rose
Member of the winning team of the first TBL ever
Rob'Doomsday
Propraetor
Propraetor

Re: Memories

Post by Rob'Doomsday »

Very nice, Bürgy... I hope you continue this story soon.