Eques
Eques

[Character Sheet] Ooh Steady

Post by Ooh Steady »

Name: Steady
Other names: Ooh Steady
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Thais

As many have read the story of Steady on the RR board and the RR library.. I will just update that unfortunately the sorcerer had never been found.

Much has changed for Steady over the years but the one with greatest impact was the sudden disappearance of her teacher, her mentor and the one she had trusted the most, Darien Dawnbringer.

It was said that the day it happened everything seemed as normal, except a note left by her bedside saying that he must go.. and just like that he vanished and has never been seen again. Through these dark moments, she wept and wondered why life has been so unfair to her. Every day she would leave her brothers and sisters and travel to the icy dark caves of Svargrond where she took her sadness and anger from within killing everything there within sight. To most people she was a strong and fearless warrior, yet within her she felt only cold, sadness and loneliness.
Her family knew that something was wrong as she became very quiet but would also become easily angered. She would leave early in the morning before the first rays of sunlight shines and return late at the night dragging her tired body back home when the sky was pitch black leaving only the pale crescent moon shining like a silvery claw in the night sky.

Her family never gave up, many sat quietly every night just waiting anxiously for her safe return and ask many questions and try to engage her in conversations and games. One brother, Asteiro was different, he would also wait quietly for her return, but did not ask any questions.. in fact when seeing that she was asked so many questions he stop them from coming. He would follow her wherever she goes and just sit there with her without a sound... it’s as if they were talking, but without words... it's as if he understood.

Asteiro was also one that would stand up for others. He was one that would always speak up even when it was against the others if he felt it was the right thing to do. Asteiro had no fear of consequences and would always do what he felt was right. As time went on Steady began to open up to him. Their relationship began to grow stronger and today, Steady calls him not only a brother, but her teacher. Steady also became happier as if all her pain and anger were behind her. She knows that one day she can be as powerful and as fearless as her brother.

Original Story:
Ooh Steady wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:35 am It has been over 20 years now...I was only a young child at the time... but I can remember the day clearly as if it was yesterday...
It was a glorious sunny morning, mother and I were happily doing our normal daily routines, then she held my hand as we stood in the
crossroads of Thais like we normally do, her chatting with her friends while I play with the brown dog we called Rocky. But this day quickly turned into a day of horror as a powerful Sorcerer and his gang raged through the area killing everyone in sight. I ran through the nearest hiding place I could find as fire ravaged through the area and I hear the screams of my mother saying "Run my child, Run!"

The cries of the villagers still haunt me til this day. Fortunately, Frodo had managed to hide me under a small crate in the kitchen where I was not found...though some days I wish they would have killed me too so that I the pictures in my head could go away.

I remember the moment when all went quiet; I pushed up the crate slightly and saw that no one was around. Gray smoke filled the air and all I saw was blood. Blood on the grounds, blood on the walls... I slowly crept out from under the big wooden crate and I saw bodies everywhere burnt to a point where they are almost unrecognizable. I slowly walked through in fear my voice trembling as I called "Momma? Momma?”... no response.
I walked towards our house at City Wall 3a.. When suddenly I noticed a body faced-down with a on the ground right by the draw well with what mother was wearing that day, beautiful green flowy silk top and beige-brown skirt. There was blood all over her and her legs look like they were caught in a fire field, feet was black and crisp. Tears were pouring down my eyes, "momma?" I called and no response...

I slowly turned the lifeless body over carefully and saw mommy’s beautiful face. Her long brown hair, her tall nose... but mother was asleep. Her arms were tucked in underneath her chest and her hands were gripping on to Gabby, my teddy bear. Mommy must have been trying to run back to the house to find me when she met those horrible people.. Mommy used her last bit of energy to protect my teddy bear holding it close to her heart.
For days, I sat by her body not knowing what to do or where to go now. Soon people from the town of Fibula heard about the tragedy and came.
A little boy around my age came to me. He held my hand. "My name is Core, Core Wetterwachs, you will be okay now he said." He tried to take me away, but I could not leave mother's side. Then he left, but he came back moments later with a man wearing all black and a full black beard. "We shall help her bury her mother. Tell the men to bring over the wagon." says the wise man.

I watched as a group of people dug a hole and laid my mother to rest. Then they filled the hole with red roses before filling the ground. "This shall be her final resting place, she will be watching over you from above, young one." The wise man said.

The boy, Core, called the man his mentor... And took me back to a place they called fibula where I was accepted into the family of the Red Rose.
This family has accepted me as part of their family. Darien Dawnbringer had accepted me as his pupil. I now have many brothers and sisters I can look up to.

They have showed me that I am loved. They have showed me the meaning of respect and selflessness.
They have taught me how to defend and better protect myself... They tell me that they sense my pain and anger towards the powerful sorcerer who killed my mother and my village... But they tell me to let it go.

... Well sorcerer, though I don't know who you are or what you look like. I will never forget your despicable laughter. One day we will meet again...and when we do... I know I will be the strongest warrior you have ever met. I will take your head to avenge my mother... You shall see..

- Steady
Asteiro

Re: [Character Sheet] Ooh Steady

Post by Asteiro »

Well done Steady, your story is really breathtaking <3
Core Wetterwachs
Aedilus
Aedilus

Post by Core Wetterwachs »

It's always funny to read story from you, Steady. <3

ImageImage
Avora Skyfallen
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by Avora Skyfallen »

Very, very well written Steady. Lovely read.
Yours sincerely,

Marcus Skyfallen.