Place of birth: Kazordoon
Faith: Durinism
Martial status: Widower

Dwarven specifics
Father: Hreidmar
Clan: Stonecutter
Caste: Geomancery
Fellowship: Iron

Full name: Regin Longbeard Hreidmarsson Stonecutter, son of Earth, from the Iron Fellowship.

Regin is the last of a long line of smiths, welders and miners. Hreidmar before Regin, Regin before Hreidmar and so on. A clan mythos tells the story of Mezur who were among the very first miners who were tasked to dig out what was to become Kazordoon, another tells about Hreidmar, Regin's great grandfather, who fought in the War of Welcome. But other than this, the Stonecutter's are quite ordinary dwarves.

In his beardling years, Regin was long undecided on wether to join the Molten Rock or Iron Fellowship, but ended up in the latter based on a coin toss his father, Hreidmar, made him do. There he undertook his apprenticeship as an armoursmith, a trade he continued in Kazordoon well into his brownbeard years.

One day however, he simply uprooted himself and left the Big Old One. To this day he haven't explained this sudden (and quite frankly undwarven) behaviour, but what we do know is that he moved to Thais where he opened up an entirely new tavern, right next to Frodo's. The Wayfarer's Rest. A venture that quickly made him broke, but with the help from an investor he rebranded it and opened up the Green Dragon Inn.

The Green Dragon proved a success, and word spread of it's magnificent ale all across the world. It was here Regin met his wife, Sol. She moved to Thais from her hometown up north when she was quite young. She worked part-time at the depot just across the street, and used much of her time in the Green Dragon when she wasn't at work. And soon, she would be at the inn full time. After Regin and Sol got married in the local church she began working in the inn alongside Regin. It was also around this time that Regin was introduced to the Red Rose for the first time. It was now, in his fullbeard years Regin was most at peace with himself. Life was good, and soon children were underway as well.

Childbirth is unfortunately a dangerous task, and Regin's blissful life would suddenly take a turn for the worse. In only a few shorth hours Regin lost both his wife and his first-to-be-born child. A darkness shrouded Regin's mind. He sold the Green Dragon to a fellow dwarf who also had been part of the Red Rose, trusting his business would be taken well care of. For years and years Regin would roam the lands like a ghost. Never finding true rest anywhere he went.

It was not untill he one day came upon the hamlet of Rosebud, not far from Carlin. And as he entered the gates it was as if he was at home. The houses hadn't been properly seen to for many years, and the fields and crops hadn't been harvested for quite some time either. It was quiet there. But he remembered it all, every tree, every house. This was were Sol had grown up. She had told him so many stories of her home, it almost felt as it was his own memories.

Using his last money from his sale of the Green Dragon, Regin tracked down the owners of the houses in Rosebud. The same owners that had left the hamlet behind. The same owners that had let it decay. One by one he bought the houses, so that he could restore the hamlet to its beauty of when his late wife still lived there. It's only him there now, so he sometimes jokingly refers to himself as the Mayor of Rosebud.

Now Regin is well into his longbeard years, once again he has settled down and found peace. Although he has no family of his own, he's got his family with the Red Rose.
Regin,
Eques of the Red Rose
Mayor of Rosebud
Iron Fellow
the Smith

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ceterum censeo Venorem esse delendam.
Fafnir Dracul

Re: [Character sheet] Regin

Post by Fafnir Dracul »

The story of a destiny decided by the toss of a coin appeals to me. Tabletop RPG players often decide the result of their characters actions with the roll of a die. Luck or the lack of it usually get us by surprise in-game or in real life.

The theme is perfectly repeated with the death of Sol. Did you know that "sol" in Portuguese means "sun"? Quite a sad metaphor.

Thank you, Regin, for sharing with us your beautiful story. You're an inspiration to me.
Chikilina
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Chikilina »

I do agree the story develops so sad when Sol dies. I am missing the second part! Does Regin live at Kazordoon now?
Chikilina
Propraetor of the Red Rose
Ryzn Warrior

Post by Ryzn Warrior »

always have the Red Rose Family :`)
I am by myself, but never alone
I am RYZN
----------------------------------------------------------
Rye Ane
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by Rye Ane »

Wonderfully written my friend
Leader of the Red Rose
Legatus

"There are things in the universe that are simply and purely evil. A warrior does not seek to understand them, or to compromise with them. He seeks only to obliterate them."