Meriado's application [Accepted]

If you would like to apply to Red Rose, here you will find all the information and guidance.
Meriado
Retired Member
Retired Member

Meriado's application [Accepted]

Post by Meriado »

Hello everyone!

I’m interested in joining your guild and this is my application.

Out of character

My name is Carl and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I’m 19 years old, soon to be 20. In the autumn of 2010 I took a philosophy course at Stockholm University, but right now I’m working at an elementary school to earn some money to do some traveling before I start my real studies. Besides playing Tibia or other computer games on my free time I like to go to concerts, play the guitar, listen to music and hang out with friends etc.

Character information

I started playing Tibia when I was like 8-9 years old around the year of 1999, but of course I haven’t played actively all the time since then. It has gone a few years here and there without me playing Tibia at all, but I have always come back after a certain time. My current account was created in 2003 and my character Meriado among others were created somewhere around that time too.

The only guild I’ve been a member of earlier which is worth mentioning (the rest being smaller guilds made my RL-friends and short-lived ones) is the Society of the Black Rose. It was a role-playing guild which I had a very good time being a member of before it got disbanded due to inactivity within the guild. It was a long-lived guild which I joined many years ago, but the time within the guild I remember the most is when I came back after long period of inactivity and noticed that most of the members had been replaced my newer ones. This is when I met some really nice people to whom I’m still friends with to this day. Two of these are actually members of the Red Rose right now – Sir Balder and Nirdor.

What I enjoy most in the lands of Tibia is the community – all the great people you meet and have fun with. I like to explore, collect books and herbs and meet new people. Sure, I like to hunt too, but this is only for the fun of it or to gain levels to get access to new quests and stuff like that. My goal in Tibia is not to gain a certain level, but to just have fun.

Since I’ve been a member of the Society of the Black Rose I’m also into role-playing and is trying to bring this back to the game as much as possible. I’m urgent about keeping the role-playing feeling of the game alive even though much of it is lost throughout the community.

Why I would like to join the Red Rose and what I know about you

I’d like to join the Red Rose because you seem to value the same things as I do within Tibia – lawfulness, friendship, trust etc. It seems you guys are a bunch of great people and I already have proof of this since I’m good friends with Sir Balder and Nirdor, but also because I’ve recently met some of your other members such as Cinny and Nabeki and gotten to know them a little. I also love how you guys try to bring back some community feeling by organizing events and such for the community. All of this is something I’d like to be a part of. I’ve read the codex and I’m familiar with how the guild works administratively.

Story

This is a story inspired by my time within the Society of the Black Rose and our imaginary headquarters “The Shack”. I hope you like it!

The Shack

A man was walking along a small dirt road. He looked like an adventurer – he had dark hair, worn clothes and a sword sheath hanging from his belt. His face was rough with a couple of visible scars here and there and he had a rugged, thick beard. He looked like someone who had been through a lot in his life and you could almost see the wisdom in his dark eyes. He looked serious, but at the same time his face showed off a certain kindness.

He felt tired and worn out after days of traveling, but he kept the speed up knowing that he’d soon be back home. It was a great feeling knowing that he’d soon see all the familiar faces after such a long time of being away from the Society. He was on his way to The Shack which was the headquarters of the Society of the Black Rose.

After a couple of hours walking the last distance he finally arrived at the little house. It looked exactly the same as when he had left it about a year earlier. It was a small timber house located deep within the forest. It had a battered moss-covered roof with a crooked chimney on-top. It was great being back, the man thought to himself. There was smoke coming out of the chimney and the smell of food reached the man’s nostrils. He walked towards the little green door and was just about to open it when he saw a piece of paper pinned to the door. It read:

“Stay away if you value sanity.” (1)

The man smiled to himself thinking that you probably couldn’t describe the Society in any other way and then he stepped inside. It felt great – the smell, the crackling fireplace and just the feeling of being home all filled the man with joy. He took off his coat and his boots and he put the backpack and the sword on a little table by the door. It first seemed like nobody was home, but then all of sudden he heard a deep, loud snoring from inside the living room. He stepped inside and saw a huge man sleeping in one of the cushion chairs. He had a mead horn lying in his lap and he smelled like a man does after heavy drinking.

He decided not to wake up the huge man and instead looked around a little. The house looked exactly the same on the inside too. A big chunk of boar meat was being grilled over the fire and the table was set for dinner. The door leading down to the cellar where Red’s alcohol collection among other things was stored was still locked. He just wondered where everyone else was, but then he heard voices coming from the outside. He looked out of a window and saw a group of people approaching the house from the forest. It was a mix of both humans and elves and among them he saw a woman carrying a spear and freshly killed rabbit. There was also an ice elf in the group. They all laughed and talked happily. The man didn’t see any of the old Society members in the group, but they all seemed like a cheerful bunch of people and he was sure he was going to fit right in among the new members. He smiled and was eager to meet them all.
Image (2)

(1) Quoted from http://www.sotbr.site88.net/index.php and written by Gin Pevishan.
(2) Picture from http://artmight.com/ita/Artists/George- ... -200p.html.

Thank you all for reading my application!
Leojaliz
Inceptor
Inceptor

Re: Meriado's application

Post by Leojaliz »

Loved it! Contact me anytime for a chat :)!

Good luck,
Leo
Rob'Doomsday
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Rob'Doomsday »

Hello Meriado, thanks for your application.
Good luck!

Rob
Chikilina
Propraetor
Propraetor

Post by Chikilina »

Greetings Meriado!

Nice application. Turner is a great painter isn't it?

Best of my wishes,
Chikilina
Propraetor of the Red Rose
Nirdor
Retired Member
Retired Member

Post by Nirdor »

I'm very glad to see you applied here mate.

Very well written, you bring back good memories :)

I think you fit in great here within our guild, hope I see you soon :D

Take care,

Cheers.

EDITED: I started to write right after I saw your post, to continue your nice story but managed to push a button on my laptop so all got deleted, damn, lazy to re-write it, sorry, gah :D

A crazy axe fighter and a mead lover.
Nirdor from Farajdvheim, Eanor.
Range vegen blir ikkje rett, enda om mange følgjer den.
Meriado
Retired Member
Retired Member

Post by Meriado »

Thank you all for your nice comments! I'll try to reach as many of you as possible for a chat.

At Chikilina: Indeed he is! I must confess I hadn't heard of him before I stumbled upon this great painting, but I like this piece very much and also some of his other work.

At Nirdor: Would've been great with you continuing the story, but maybe this is something we could do later. I actually thought of writing a longer version of it, since I had to keep it kind of short for the application.

Take care everyone and I hope to get in touch with you soon!
Skyzo
Eques
Eques

Post by Skyzo »

Ashari!
Amazing application, I loved your story a lot,
I desire a lot of luck for you!!
Skyzo, the Banshee.
Proud member of the Red Rose.
Nabeki

Post by Nabeki »

Hey meriado!! nice application!
Goodluck :)
*+. Nabcakie.+*

Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone.
And do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come.
Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.

Anr

Post by Anr »

Meriado,

I'm sorry I couldn't have the chance to meet you on my short stay at the Society, I joined the reborn project by Avenlia but it didn't take long till it would fall in inactivity :/
I love your application tho, it makes me miss the Shack! Btw, was that drunk barbarian Nirdor? hahaha

And.. "I like to explore, collect books and herbs and meet new people". We sure have a lot in common!

Contact me whenever you catch me online,
I'd appreciate to talk to you :)

Anr~
Munch

Post by Munch »

I wish you good luck Meriado. Try to contact me ingame for a little chat, please! :-)

Be safe