Barbarian Dinner and Flying Pirate's.

If you would like to share a roleplaying story, a poem or a piece of your writing, this is the place for you.
Nirdor
Retired Member
Retired Member

Barbarian Dinner and Flying Pirate's.

Post by Nirdor »

After weeks of hunting Trolls and Jotuns in Mount Sternum, and searching for some cute amazons in Venore Swamps, Nirdor was hungry and thirsty. All his bottles with Heidrun’s Mead were empty. So he picked up his axes and went straight for the best Inn in Thais.

After some trouble with getting inside Frodo’s Tavern, he left his axes in Thais storage area, Nirdor sat down at last on a high chair nearest the counter. The chair creaked because of his weight, but Nirdor cared not. He didn’t care at all of nothing inside or outside the Tavern actually. He just wanted to order food and drink as fast as possible. He scouted Frodo and shouted.

“Two mugs with Frodo’s finest beer, a wild boar with the strangest mushrooms you got. Good roasted, with a lot of spice. A blueberry cake, and some chocolate” Nirdor said without breathing.

Frodo didn’t got the time to greet or welcome Nirdor, and understood that this barbarian was hungry. He was just going into the kitchen before Nirdor said a little bit more calmly.

“I think you can add two more mugs with beer, aye”.

Frodo was not surprised, as Nirdor always ordered a big dinner every time. Frodo sent the message back into the kitchen, and come back to Nirdor and gave him for mugs with Thaian beer and smiled.

“Aaah. Thanks put it on The Red Rose account” Nirdor said loudly and drank the first mug.

Then Nirdor was pleased with the first drink and looked around the big living room. There where mostly folks from Thais, some outlanders Nirdor hadn’t seen before. There was also a group of four people. They were musicians, and played on flute, drum, guitar and a bagpipe. Nirdor turned around to the counter and dived into his next mug with beer until a big plate with a whole boar and a lot of mushrooms came on the desk. Nirdor lost his manners and civility, and his big appetite was unleashed. His yellow beard got wet by the mushrooms sauce and he dribbled, belched and burped rhythmically in his own tempo. He made strange noises when he ate, and some leftovers flew everywhere on tables and chairs, floors and carpets. Some Thaian folks were shocked, but Frodo just stood over the counter and smiled. He earned a lot of money when Nirdor visited his house.

“Is it good?” Frodo asked.
Nirdor had his mouth full. He tried to answer and swallow at the same time.
“Dealishhous” Nirdor said.
“Two more mugs would be fine” he finished and gulped.
Frodo laughed and filled to more and gave them to Nirdor.
“Cheers my lad” the tavern keeper said.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Some place near the the darkest corner there lurked some shaggy guys. Strangers. Borderlanders of some kind from strange shores, drinking quiet.
Something was brewing.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

“This is the finest meat in Thais Region I’ll say Frodo" Nirdor paused for a bit.
“Better there is not, aye” Nirdor said loudly over the counter to Frodo while stars of food leftovers were flying in the air.
“Cheers Nirdor my lad” Frodo said and took up a pint of beer to himself.

While they were talking something and many things, two strangers came forth to the desk. They gathered around Nirdor and mumbled on some foreign languages with each other. The biggest black haired man tried to get Nirdor's attention, but the barbarian was too busy eating. The man got angry and abruptly he swung his arm and a mug of beer was falling down to the floor. They laughed and said some strange words in a language Nirdor didn’t understand.

”I don’t like you” a tall black haired man said.

“And I don’t like you either” retorted a bigger man with one eye.

Nirdor didn’t care, just hicked and continued to eat while the men stood still with grim faces. Then the one man smashed his tankard right into Nirdors nose, and the tankard was just small flying pieces in the air. The barbarian felled back down on the wooden floor with a loud crack and with some blood around his nose. The other guy with the one eye started to eat the food from Nirdors plate. Laughed and threw it on the carpet. They shouted at Frodo about more ale.
The huge blond hairy barbarian understood that his dinner was cancelled and rose up and said clearly.

“I didn’t know the guards of Thais let a cyclop pass through theese stone walls” he said and looked at the one man with only one eye. Of course the stranger was no cyclop but Nirdor teased him and was eager to settle this fight. He never picked or started a fight, he usually just ended them.

The man with the one eye blinked one time. He was ugly as hell, dirty and stinky. Maybe a pirate Nirdor thought. He didn’t have more chance to look, in the next minute the one eyed man came crossing over the floor with a bottle of whiskey angrily. The second one jumped on the counter started throwing glasses at him. They crashed into each other, with arms and legs, fighting wild. Then Nirdor managed a jab and a cross, twice on the opponent.

“Now we are even, dirty pirate cyclop” Nirdor grinned evilly.

Then the man halted and took on his nose, stunned by the smash in his face and the hit. He screamed and took up a long knife. The second man was right behind with his own knife in full haste. Nirdor looked quick around and took the nearest table and lifted it over his shoulders growling like a bear. The two black haired men was dangerously close, both coming up close at Nirdor’s chest. He heard an unpleasant crack from his back, but didn't care. In hurry and some war cries the wood table came down hard. The men grunted but the table was too heavy. It crushed their heads and rest of the body. And felt to the floor in a big tumult. Nirdor stunned by his own strength, looked at the destroyed table and said to Frodo he would pay for it at soon as possible.

Some loud noises and roaring from more men outside the inn made Nirdor curious. He walked to the main door and opened it. Men fighting men, and more came. There were to different groups here Nirdor understood. Some he recognized from Frodo’s Tavern. Probably thaian folk he thought. The other group more brown and black haired, looked like dessert folk or pirate's from the south lands. Frodo came up to him in the door way and got frightened by the sight of Thais main roads outside his inn. He run back inside and came back some moments later with the half eaten boar. It looked like a furred club now after Nirdor has eaten all the meat. The barbarian looked shocked at Frodo and asked.

“Are you going after them, tavern keeper”.

“No, you are big boy. Save my tavern and bar, and I’ll repay you with malted beer, and roasted meat from the bone in many days here after”.
“I know you mostly uses axe to fight evil and shadow spawn, but this will do for now Nirdor” Frodo said and just pushed the boar club in the barbarians hands anxiously, like it was an order.

Nirdor just made a wicked grimace and nodded to the tavern keeper. The people was bashing and tumbling everywhere, crying curses and death wishes to each other, Nirdor was eager to join and rushed off into the big heap of a boisterous mess.

The last word Frodo heard from the yelling barbarian before he vanished into the crowd was:

“Moolje" and "Throrfurdin".
Last edited by Nirdor on Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

A crazy axe fighter and a mead lover.
Nirdor from Farajdvheim, Eanor.
Range vegen blir ikkje rett, enda om mange følgjer den.
Sir Balder
Propraetor
Propraetor

Re: Barbarian Dinner and Flying Pirate's.

Post by Sir Balder »

Nice story Nirdor! Good to see the barbarian back in action :)

Yours,
Skyzo
Eques
Eques

Re: Barbarian Dinner and Flying Pirate's.

Post by Skyzo »

I enjoyed your story :lol:
You know perfectly well as carrying the meaning at all times and clearly explain the details..

Well Done 8-)
Skyzo, the Banshee.
Proud member of the Red Rose.